20130904-183203.jpg

20130904-183141.jpg

With a mid-morning appointment, Crafty Wednesday was a little simpler today. Meebs coloured and decorated muffin cups that we pressed flat. Once dry we glued the cups to Popsicle sticks. Voila…pretty flowers that Meebs is incredibly proud of.

But… I don’t know what the hell I was thinking in bringing out the glitter. Until today our house has been a glitter-free environment. A no sparkle zone. And for good reason.

But… for some reason today, in a moment of temporary insanity, I caved and it has changed our lives forever. Yes, glitter is pretty and sparkly. Yes, the flowers seem to twinkle now. Yes, glitter brought a beautiful smile to Meebs’ lips. But holy hell glitter makes a mess, and like beach sand it leeches onto everyone it comes in to contact with and is impossible to clean up.

There is glitter all over my keyboard, and even as I type this post it is clinging to my skin. I thought Elsje had a cut in her nose, but upon closer inspection I discovered it was a piece of pink glitter. Meebs still has glitter stuck to her eyelid. I’m convinced it will be on the toilet paper when we next wipe…either from ingesting it or from it infiltrating our pants.

Now that I’ve opened Pandora’s box of glitter will this house ever be glitter-free again? I have little hope.

The inventor of glitter is evil.

20130904-183221.jpg

20130904-183236.jpg